M23053 – ELECTRICAL INSULATING SLEEVING PRODUCTS
This specification establishes the requirements for various types and colors of electrical insulating sleeving that will shrink to a predetermined size upon the application of heat ( Heating gun or thermogun)
Insulation Heat shrink tubings are available in a wide variety of materials,colors,and sizes, and are delivered in easy-to-use forms such as spools or sticks.
An option named dual wall version is recommended for most of your sealing applications.
When heat is applied to this version, an adhesive liner material inside of the tubing is activated in order to improve the sealing.
Heat shrinkable tubings are used to replace insulation, bundling and also for color identification.
Furthermore, M23053 is a great way to protect electric wires and cables from harmful elements such as water, oils, acids and other environmental hazards.
To identify the suitable heat shrinkable sleeves which meet your aplications, you have to choose your « shrink ratio » first (as well the diameter of the sleeve before and after shrinking).
Heat shrink ratios give you the size of the original heat shrink tubing according to its final form.
Most popular ratios are :
2:1 – This HST will become half of its original size once heat is applied.
3:1 – This HST will be one third of its original size once heat is applied.
4:1 – This HST will be one quarter of its original size once heat is applied.
EXAMPLE OF BREAK DOWN
|APPLICABLE SPECIFICATION||CLASS||SIZE IDENTIFIER||COLOR DESIGNATION|
SAE-AMS-DTL-23053 APPLICABLE SPECIFICATION IDENTIFIER
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/1 CROSSLINKED CHLORINATED POLYOLEFIN, FLEXIBLE
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/2 POLYVINYL CHLORIDE, FLEXIBLE CROSSLINKED AND NON-CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/3 IOLYVINYL CHLORIDE, SEMI RIGID, CROSSLINKED AND NON-CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/4 POLYOLEFIN, DUAL-WALL, OUTER WALL CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/5 POLYOLEFIN, FLEXIBLE, CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/6 POLYOLEFIN, SEMI-RIGID, CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/7 POLYOLEFIN, TEREPHTHALATE, NON-CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/8 POLYVINYLIDENE FLUORIDE, SIMI-RIGID, CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/9 FLUOROSILICONE RUBBER, FLEXIBLE
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/10 SILICONE RUBBER, FLEXIBLE
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/11 ETHYLENE PROPYLENE, NON-CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/12 POLYTETRAFLUOROETHYLENE
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/13 FLUOROELASTOMER, FLEXIBLE
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/14 ETHYLENE-TETRAFLUOROETHYLENE FLUOROPOLYMER, SEMI-RIGID
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/15 POLYOLEFIN, HEAVY-WALL, COATED, FLEXIBLE, OUTER WALL CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/16 CROSSLINKED, ELASTOMERIC POLYOLEFIN, FLEXIBLE
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/17 FLAME RETARDED, MODIFIED POLYOLEFIN, FLEXIBLE, CROSSLINKED
- SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/18 MODIFIED FLUOROPOLYMER, CROSSLINKED
Air Cost Control services include marking of sleeving in order to indentify your harnesses.
Real time inventory at www.aircostcontrol.com
Written by Loic HONORE
Photos by Luc BOUCHEZ